By W. Somerset Maugham
Packed with willing observations, autobiographical notes, and the seeds of lots of Maugham's maximum works, A Writer's laptop is a different and exhilarating check out a very good writer's brain at work. From approximately 5 a long time, Somerset Maugham recorded an intimate magazine. In it we see the budding of his incomparable imaginative and prescient and his extraordinary profession as a author. masking the years from his time as a younger scientific scholar in London to a pro international vacationer worldwide, it really is playful, sharp witted, and regularly revealing. unquestionably considered one of his most important works, A Writer's Notebook is a needs to for Maugham lovers and an individual drawn to the inventive method.
Read Online or Download A Writer's Notebook PDF
Similar writing books
Occasionally it kind of feels like there are as many definitions of poetry as there are poems. Coleridge outlined poetry as “the top phrases within the top order. ” St. Augustine known as it “the Devil’s wine. ” For Shelley, poetry used to be “the list of the easiest and happiest moments of the happiest and top minds.
An all-in-one advisor to finding and securing to be had grants
As the volume of demonstrated granting foundations raises, more cash turns into available—but the appliance strategy could be lengthy, tedious, and is usually hugely aggressive. provide Writing For Dummies courses you thru the complete grant-winning strategy and is helping you remain present with program protocol and new supply possibilities to discover a bit of the on hand $500 billion in govt grants.
If you're new to the supply writing procedure or have utilized for can provide some time past yet had problems, furnish Writing For Dummies provides quickly and simple entry to find how one can separate your self from the pack and safe your furnish in a gradual, post-recession financial system; suggestion for NGOs (non-government corporations) and NPOs (non-profit organisations) looking information within the non-domestic provide enviornment; info on utilising on-line for e-grants; formatting feedback for a fresh and arranged e-application; step by step guide for registering with and utilizing gives you. gov, the biggest on-line federal furnish database; lists and proposals for up to date supply possibilities through newly created websites and databases; strategic suggestion for provide writers in the course of study, application layout, and the applying procedure, so as to preserve present with the expanding expectancies of granting forums; and more.
Interactive CD is choked with pattern fabrics and templates to get you began in your proposals
Ready-to-use words for each profitable proposal
Guidance on finding to be had provides, rigorously making use of, and eventually profitable provides for either non-profit and for-profit supply seekers
Grant Writing For Dummies will give you priceless counsel and the information and knowledge to offer your self the simplest likelihood to win promises.
Ultimately, a really creative—and hilarious—guide to artistic writing, choked with encouragement and sound suggestion. Provocative and reassuring, nurturing and clever, The Lie That Tells a fact is key to writers usually, fiction writers particularly, starting writers, critical writers, and someone dealing with a clean web page.
The Reformation interval witnessed an explosion within the variety of biographies of latest non secular figures being released. no matter if lives of reformers priceless of emulation, or heretics deserving condemnation, the style of biography turned a key point within the confessional rivalries that raged throughout Europe within the 16th and 17th centuries.
- The Handbook of Scholarly Writing and Publishing (The Jossey-Bass Higher and Adult Education Series)
- Writing Scientific English: A Workbook
- Critical Intellectuals on Writing
- Second Language Writing Systems (Second Language Acquisition (Buffalo, N.Y.))
- The Business Writer's Handbook (9th Edition)
Extra resources for A Writer's Notebook
37. Astrid Erll, ‘Narratology and Cultural Memory Studies,’ Narratology in the Age of Cross-Disciplinary Narrative Research, eds. 223. 46 G. GUDMUNDSDOTTIR 38. Isaac Bashevis Singer, Love and Exile: The Early Years—a Memoir (London: Penguin, 1986), preliminary pages. 39. 16. 40. 236. 41. Said, Out of Place: A Memoir (London: Granta, 1999), p. xiii. 42. 69. 43. 17. 44. R. 7. 45. 6. 46. Dave Eggers, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (London: Picador, 2001), credit page of paperback edition.
4. 5. Colmeiro, Memoria histórica e identidad cultural. De la postguerra a la postmodernidad, Memoria Rota: Exilios y Heterodoxias. 28–29. Colmeiro is referring to the title of a work by Mario Benedetti, El olvido está lleno de memoria (Madrid: Visor 1995). 82. 6. 9. 7. In this study ‘memory texts’ denote life writing as well as fiction that has memory as one of its main themes or narrative constructs. 8. Paul Ricoeur, Memory, History, Forgetting, trans. 414. 20 G. GUDMUNDSDOTTIR 9. 17. 10.
6. 20. 7. Draaisma, Forgetting: Myths, Perils and Compensations, trans. 148. 8. Peter Middleton and Tim Woods, Literatures of Memory (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2000). 9. 80 and 105. 10. 11. 11. 208. 12. 35. 13. Marc Augé, Oblivion, trans. 22. 14. 14. 15. Sally Mann, Hold Still: A Memoir with Photographs (New York: Little Brown and Company, 2015), p. xii. 16. Maurice Halbwachs, On Collective Memory, trans. Francis J. 25. 17. 22. FOREWORDS AND FORGETTINGS: INTRODUCTIONS AND PREAMBLES...